COVID-19 VACCINATION INFORMATION
GRAB A JAB AT SEAFORTH VILLAGE SURGERY - Click HERE
The Surgery is currently working through our lists and inviting patients for their COVID vaccine based on their cohort as per Government guidelines. We ask that patients kindly be patient with us at this time. We appreciate the phone lines may be busier than usual during this time. This is due to our staff, both clinical and non-clinical being released from the practice to help out at the COVID vaccine sites.
Queries relating to being vaccinated due to your occupation should be directed to your employer and not the practice. We are unable to arrange appointments for patients who are not in the cohorts we are currently working through (COHORTS 1 - 9).
Following extensive trials, the first safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine has been approved in the UK and is now available to priority groups.
Vaccinations are being delivered according to priority groups identified by the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI). The vaccinations may not take place at your GP practice, but rather a local vaccination service (led by GPs, practice nurses and community pharmacists) who are responsible for delivering the vaccine to people in your community.
When it is the right time for you to receive your vaccination, you will receive an invitation to come forward. This may be via the phone, or through a letter either from your GP or the national booking system.
We know lots of people will be eager to get protected but we are asking people not to contact us to get an appointment as you will not be able to get one until you are contacted.
KEY POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- The first phase of the NHS COVID-19 vaccination programme has started
- The vaccination might not be delivered by your local GP surgery but at another location
- When it is the right time for you, you will receive an invitation to come forward and told where to go and what to do
- For most people this will be a letter, either from their GP or the national NHS.
- This letter will include all the information you will need to book appointments, including your NHS number.
- Please do not contact the NHS to get an appointment until you are contacted
- Information on the vaccine is available by clicking HERE
- Please do not contact the NHS to seek a vaccine - We will contact you
- When we do contact you, please attend your booked appointments
- Please continue to follow all the guidance to control the spread of the virus and save lives.
INFORMATION RE YOUR 2ND VACCINATION APPOINTMENT
Usually when attending a vaccine centre you will be given your 2nd vaccine appointment, for 12 weeks later, whilst you are there. If you have not been given an appointment already you will be contacted by the NHS near the time you are due for your 2nd vaccine. This may be by Text Message, Telephone Call or Letter. If you have NOT heard anything re booking your 2nd vaccine - Please wait until your 11th week and then contact us. Unfortunately we are unable to pre-book appointments for our patients in advance.